ACT business nomination
The Australian Government has directed that ACT nominations focus on high quality applications that will have economic benefit to the ACT in the post pandemic recovery phase.
Business Innovation and investment (provisional) (subclass 188)
This visa has four streams:
1. Significant Investor stream. This is a provisional (4 year) visa for people who want to invest A$5 million into a complying investment.
2. Investor stream: the ACT does not participate in this stream.
3. Business Innovation stream: this is a provisional (4 year) visa for people who want to invest at least $200,000 to establish or purchase a business in Canberra.
4. Entrepreneur stream. This is a provisional (4 year) visa for people who are undertaking, or proposing to undertake, an entrepreneurial venture in Australia
ACT nomination fee: $600 (non refundable)
APPLYING FOR ACT NOMINATION.
You must be invited to apply for ACT nomination. To be considered for ACT nomination, you must have a valid EOI in SkillSelect with the 'ACT' as your preferred location.
You can email a request for invitation to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must attach the following information to the email:
- SkillSelect EOI record of response
- Summary of the proposed ACT business investment
An invitation is not a guarantee that the application for ACT nomination will be approved. The application will be assessed against the viability and economic benefit to the ACT in the post pandemic recovery phase.