ACT business nomination
SUSPENSION OF PROCESSING – ACT BIIP nomination. The ACT has now met the 2019/20 allocation of BIIP nomination places. Any applications for ACT BIIP nomination submitted from this date will not be processed until 1 July 2020.
Canberra. City of choice, city of talent, city of ambition.
Discover how Canberra and the ACT is the ideal place to base and build your business in Australia and the Asia Pacific region. Read the latest on the 'Canberra Advantage' delivering a compact and competitive Canberra for all.
If you are a successful business person who wishes to establish a new business, invest in an existing business or under the Significant Investor stream or you are an entrepreneur, you may be eligible to apply for ACT nomination of your Business Skills visa.
Please ensure you read the ACT nomination guidelines to check your eligibility before you apply. A non-refundable service fee is charged for processing applications for ACT nomination.
Business Talent (permanent) (subclass 132). ACT nomination fee: $1,100
This visa has two streams:
1. Significant Business History stream: This is a permanent visa for owners of a business who have entered into a contractual arrangement to invest A$2 million into an existing business in Canberra.
2. Venture Capital Scheme: nomination for people who have obtained at least A$1 million in funding from an Australian venture capital firm.
Business Innovation and Investment (provisional) (subclass 188). ACT nomination fee: $600
This visa has four streams:
1. Significant Investor stream. This is a provisional (4 year) visa for people who want to invest A$5 million into a complying investment.
2. Investor stream: the ACT does not participate in this stream.
3. Business Innovation stream: this is a provisional (4 year) visa for people who want to invest at least $200,000 to establish or purchase a business in Canberra.
4. Entrepreneur stream. This is a provisional (4 year) visa for people who are undertaking, or proposing to undertake, an entrepreneurial venture in Australia