Business Talent - 132
The Australian Government has directed that ACT nominations focus on high quality applications that will have economic benefit to the ACT in the post pandemic recovery phase.
Business Talent (permanent) (subclass 132).
The Australian Capital Territory (ACT) Government welcomes overseas investment in Canberra, Australia’s national capital; a city of innovation and opportunity. If you are a successful business person who wishes to invest in an existing ACT business you may be eligible to apply for ACT nomination of your Business Skills visa
This visa has two streams:
- Significant Business History stream: This is a permanent visa for owners of a business who have entered into a contractual arrangement to invest A$2 million into an existing business in Canberra.
- Venture Capital Scheme: nomination for people who have obtained at least A$1 million in funding from an Australian venture capital firm.
Applying for ACT 132 nomination.
You must be invited to apply for ACT 132 nomination. To be considered for ACT nomination, you must have a valid EOI in SkillSelect with the 'ACT' as your preferred location.
You can email a request for invitation to email@example.com. You must attach the following information to the email:
- SkillSelect EOI record of response
- Statement of Economic viability / benefit of the proposed ACT business activity
- Summary of the proposed ACT business investment - joint venture wirh an ACT business
- Summary of successful business career with demonstrated experience in proposed business activity
- Evidence of any close family connection living in Canberra.
An invitation is not a guarantee that the application for ACT nomination will be approved. The application will be assessed against the demonstrated viability and economic benefit of the proposed ACT business in the post pandemic recovery phase